But there is something about today that's of no importance to anyone but me! One year ago today was the day that I got drunk and created Progressive Fitchburg! Happy birthday, blog!
A lot has changed since then, of course. Deval Patrick became governor, the Democrats took Congress, and we actually have some compelling local candidates running for office!
One of the nicest things to have seen over the last year is how many good local blogs have sprung up in that time. It used to pretty much be Save Fitchburg or nothing, but now there's a bunch of stuff worth reading (listed over to the right, go read them!). Whether you agree with any of them or not, it's great to have a variety of voices out there.
To celebrate my year anniversary I'm going to share some statistics about PF readers with you. This data has really only been collected since about last November, but I didn't exactly get a ton of readers back then anyway. Also I'm a bit of a nerd, so if this information is only interesting to me then feel free to ignore it.
Your operating system:
- Windows - 86% (89% XP, 6% Windows 2000, 3% Vista)
- Macintosh - 12%
- Linux - 2% (but much of that is probably me)
- Internet Explorer - 65%
- Firefox - 28%
- Safari - 6%
- Everybody else (Opera, Mozilla, etc) - < 1%
Here's a more interesting bit. What searches have led people to Progressive Fitchburg? The big ones are obvious, but they get more fun the deeper down you get! For some of them, I have no idea how they found me, and even less idea why they clicked the link.
Here are some of my favorites...
- ron dionne home page fitchburg (139 hits): Looks like Dionne really should have made himself a damn website!
- fitchburg lisa wong water (12 hits): Refreshing!
- fitchburg pussy (5 hits): Which I assume led to disappointment...
- god is killing me! (2 hits): Me too!
- "gay jesus" (1 hit): Probably also led to disappointment...
- "respect sanitation workers" (1 hit): I do!
- 6 asian guys in fitchburg (1 hit): I suspect there are more than that.
- can you tell me the laws that regulate convicted child molesters? (1 hit): Not unless you stop talking to Google like it's a person.
- draconian liquor (1 hit): If this isn't already a brand of liquor, it should be!
- fucking in fitchburg (1 hit): Sex tourism?
- how do i stop my eyes from getting worse (1 hit): Stop masturbating.
- how to make large foam cowboy hat (1 hit): Why would you want to?
- "paul weyrich frankly, goes up as the voter population goes down" (1 hit): What the hell?
- she works for unicow, boston, ma (1 hit): Whoever searched for that, please tell me who "she" is!
- tired of white people on tv (1 hit): Me too!
- who in fitchburg wants to fuck (1 hit): This is a recurring theme...
Anyway, thanks for reading!