Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Web 2.0. Yay.

So, I've been hearing lately that the Republicans have beaten the Democrats in the only metric that truly matters: Twitter usage.

For instance, John McCain has an account, which he some intern uses to update everyone on his prostate (at threat level yellow today!) and complain about earmarks.

There's even a website listing the "top conservatives on Twitter", that is basically a really long (3,890 entries right now) listing of a bunch of conservatives you've never heard of, with a few known entities sprinkled in for good measure. It's proof that Republicans understand techmologies!

This cannot stand! Republicans gave us "the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes."

That sort of comedy gold could disappear forever if Republicans begin to understand the internet!

More recently, they gave us Norm Coleman's complete donor list, complete with credit card numbers. If his staff were more knowledgeable about the internet that might not have happened, and then I wouldn't have this nice new George Foreman grill.

Obviously, Republicans + internet = trouble!

To fight this growing menace, I have made a Twitter account myself. In the creepy parlance of Twitter users, it's @unicow. Twits will know what that means, apparently.

In keeping with the true spirit of Twitter, I will mostly be using it to tell you what I had for lunch. It also gets auto-updated when I make a post, so it'll still get updated after I get bored of it in a couple days.

So yeah, follow me if that's your thing. Or don't.