Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ted DeSalvatore, Bigot

If you haven't seen it, you should go read ReallyRachel's statement that's been posted over at Say No to DeSalvo.

I don't know Rachel outside of her commenting and an occasional email here and there, but I can think of no reason why she would lie about this. She's already been demonized by every Ted-supporting nutbag out there without even having done anything, and this will just make them madder. I'm sure that's attention she could happily live without. Kudos to her for having the guts to come forward!

Sadly, the revelations in the post don't really surprise me given what we already knew about Ted. It is a little shocking to see how blatant his bigotry can be, but it's always been pretty obvious this is the way he thinks. Still, even the biggest bigots usually have more sense than to go saying this sort of shit out loud.

Anyway, there's not much I can add to this. Please, just go read the statement here.

No comments: