I didn't go. I considered it, but came up with a list of reasons not to instead. It went like this:
- Nobody's going to care about this debate since it's not on tv.
- Debates are sort of annoying.
- If Ted DeSalvatore sees me in the crowd and realizes who I am he'll probably punch me in the nose.
- I don't want to get punched in the nose.
- It'll probably be on FATV's website later anyway.
- Seriously, I feel sort of urpy.
- To hell with feeling urpy, I have beer in the fridge!
- I bet I can get drunk and find something great on youtube!
- Crap, I should have gone to the debate!
Why? Because Lisa Wong apparently kicked everyone's ass. This doesn't surprise me, because I thought she dominated the first debate too. But it is nice to hear. Jason over at Save Fitchburg has a nice wrap-up/analysis thingy here that's worth reading. People I've talked to who attended the debate basically confirm his assessment of Wong as the very clear winner.
The Sentinel (which clearly supports DeSalvatore and hates Wong) also had two articles, here and here. They're about what you would expect.
Also you can find stuff in the Fitchburg Pride's article and over in the Telegram too!
That's a lot of writing!
I'm still waiting for the debate to get posted online. Once it does and I get a chance to watch it I'll update this post. In the meantime, feel free to chime in with your own analysis here.
[Update 9/23/07: Holy crap I'm lazy! Luckily for me, 1970s Abraham Lincoln has posted a very good review of the debate over at Hello Fitchburg. It pretty much says what I'd have said, except better. So go read that!]