Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Big plans!

Time for an experiment!

Actually, three experiments.

First off, I'm going to try to manage a post a day for the next month. Just to see if I can do it. So from now until November 7th there should be at least 30 posts (no doubt of wildly varying quality). That will take us past the election and at least part of the post-election confusion, so there should be no shortage of stuff to write about.

Second, I've put ads on the site. Because if I'm posting that much, I might as well see if I can make some money off it. Chances are I can't, but it's worth a shot. I'll try to keep them unobtrusive, and am still sorting out the layout. If you're using an adblocker it would be really nice if you could whitelist me. If you don't want to, that's fine too. Yes, I know ads suck.

Finally, there's a presidential debate tonight and barring unforeseen circumstances I'm going to liveblog the thing. Like a real blogger! So perhaps you might want to check back whenever the debate starts. Also, I should probably figure out when it starts myself, or this may not go very well.

That is all.


UPDATE: And instantly I have an ad for the endlessly idiotic Answers in Genesis! Goddamn it, Google!